Golden milk or tea is a nourishing and healing drink that contains powdered Tumeric, Cinnamon, Ginger and honey. Black pepper or Cayenne can be added as well.
We are going to just give you the basic recipe and you can make it yourself to your own taste.
All these ingredients are available at Willow Health Food & Wellness Center.
- To make approximately a quart of Golden milk, use a quart of a liquid such as water, almond milk, coconut milk or a combination of these such as 16 oz. coconut milk and 16 oz. water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of powdered Tumeric
- 1 teaspoon of powdered Ginger or fresh Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of powdered Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or black pepper (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until all ingredients are combined. Pour into a pan and slowly heat while stirring. Adjust the amount of honey, Ginger and Cinnamon to your own palate.
Tumeric is a strong anti-inflammatory. It also helps the liver and gallbladder and it provides a defense against cancer. Ginger is a strong anti-inflammatory and is best known for its digestive and intestinal relief. Cinnamon eases allergies, reduces pain and helps to fight candidas.